Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthdays..........wish they'd just go away!

For me, anyway, my birthday is always a drag.  I have everything I need, and I'm one of these people other people don't like because I just don't react well to presents.  I don't like getting......I like giving!  I think it's because when I was young, my family had to do without, a lot.  So, I got used to a good meal and maybe a cake and that seemed enough for me even then.  Just tell me "Happy Birthday", and I'll be just fine.  I'm a no-frills person because that's how I am, not because I'm a martyr, which is what they think.  I'm happy every day untill someone makes me miserable.  I've also found out the world doesn't like happy people.  To all of them I say it's their loss. 

So, my birthday came and went yesterday.  It was an interesting day spent with just my family, who will never understand me.  Good cake, MmmmmmmChocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment