Friday, April 29, 2011

What a beautiful day for a wedding

I wasn't certain I would catch the live version of the royal wedding this morning, but as it happened, I did. What woke me was a voice that sounded like Jeremy Irons, but was in fact the most Reverend Robert Runcie, the Archbishop of Canterbury, when they were recapping the wedding of Charles and Diana all those years ago.

I felt very good about what I saw. Everything just fell into place they way it should. All the lovely clothes, (although I had a problem with some of the hats, just too goofy, some of them), and of course Kate's elegant gown, Pippa's stunning dress, and those adorable children in their matching outfits. It was just a very lovely romantic event, and I could tell that love was in the air. How about those two princes with such different personalities, but good boys the Brits should be proud of. Loved it all. I had a thought, wouldn't it be strange if Prince Harry married Pippa Middleton. There for a minute I thought I saw him considering her as he was standing next to her. Giggle, giggle!


Me, I baked a pineapple up-side-down cake. Probably the best one I ever baked. I felt good today. (Feel so good I'm watching reruns of the wedding as I sit here typing. Kate's parents look like nice people).

No comments:

Post a Comment