Friday, May 27, 2011

Rembering those who served and those who still do

Happy Memorial Day to everyone.  I, in particular, have a strong feeling when it comes to being an American because I am a naturalized citizen, and it was a hard road for my family.  We were displaced persons after WWII in Europe, and it took many years of qualifying to get to the states in those days.  My multilingual parents already spoke english, I learned the language (my 4th) my first year in the states.  Today I'm a happy American with a normal life of husband and children and grandchildren.  All of this was made possible because my parents risked their lives to escape communist aggessors and come here to become productive citizens of the United States. 

I thank all the military and diplomatic people for trying to make the world a better place, and give others the chance to live free and make a decent life for themselves around the world.  God bless all of you.

This weekend is a time for celebration.  In my neck of the woods the largest event is the Bayou Country Superfest starting on Saturday, May 28 thru 29 in Baton Rouge in the Tiger Stadium at LSU.  They'll have Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Trace Adkins, Tim McGraw, Zac Brown Band, just to name a few over the two-day period.  It's going to be a blast.  I hope it draws a huge crowd.  The stadium will hold all of you.

Sending love to all of you who have lost someone both in service to our country or disaster.  I have had tears for all of you.  Have a great holiday weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment